Check out http://www.konnektid.com
“As humans we define ourselves by human contact, helping others and our eagerness to learn and develop.”
We all share online so much about ourselves: what we have studied, what skills we have, our passions and jobs. This is all valuable information, but is mainly available to those in our main circles. We are locked up in our own bubbles. There is nothing connecting that information to those who need it. We at Konnektid believe everything you want to learn resided in the people around you, within your own neighbourhood.
Konnektid developed a website which enables you to tap into all that social capital and helps you to find people nearby who can teach you what you want to learn.
“Konnektid would like to become your “lifelong learning companion”
- Is your enterprise constituted as a company in any country? If so where?
- What category you are applying for?
- Educación colaborativa
- In what stage is your solution?
- Describe briefly your project’s financial sustainability model
- Next year we will introduce a freemium model. It's free to find skilled people in your own neighbourhood and start learning. You can become a premium member for only €2,- per month and have added features such as: keeping track of your learnings with Konnektid Notes and share it with fellow students, access custom made curriculums made by other students and teachers, have a better reach with your request and become a verified teacher (skill verified by Konnektid and more quality matches, funneled to your skill). We are backed up by three angel investors who have invested €330.000,- in Konnektid so far. According our financial projections we will be break even in Q4 2016.
- What is the scalability of your project? Zonal, national, regional or global? Why?
- Global. We created a system which radically lowers the amount of people you need for a liquid market place. A lot of market places which are listings based get low amount or no transactions at all. For example: 50 people who list their skills gives a maximum of avg. 150 skills nearby. Konnektid turns it around by asking your neighbours if they have a certain skill. This way we tap into all knowledge available. Right now 60 - 70% of all requests get at least one offer within a day! We believe we are the only peer to peer Education marketplace (worldwide) which actually is able to create liquidity and actual matches due to a question based system.
- How is your product or service different from what exists on the market?
- Konnektid will take you beyond online content, courses and wiki’s. It’s about personal contact with somebody in your neighborhood who can teach you something in a way not possible online.
- Briefly describe the social impact that your solution generates
- We are surrounded by knowledge, we only need to acces it. Konnektid helps to create access to education anywhere, anytime. Peer to peer. By sharing your knowledge you help yourself and others to develop and at the same time create social cohesion within your neighbourhood.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Konnektid"